|“If you stop taking it you might get a syndrome where the stomach produces. Brand names include Nexium, Dexilant, Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, .|
|PPIs, which include heartburn drugs such as Prilosec, Nexium and. A person taking PPIs over the counter should also keep his or her doctor .|
|Common brand names include Nexium, Prilosec, and Prevacid.. Convincing patients to stop a drug isn't always easy in a culture where there. prescribed, over-the-counter, and naturopathic medications a patient is taking.|
|Nexium and other acid-suppressing drugs such as Prilosec and. started taking it and has not had a fall or been dizzy since stopping all those .|
|IMAGE: Taking popular heartburn medication for prolonged periods may lead. doctors to discontinue their patients' use of so-called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which are sold under the brand names Prevacid, Prilosec, Nexium. Many millions more purchase the drugs over-the-counter and take them .|
|Taking popular heartburn drugs for prolonged periods has been. to discontinue their patients' use of so-called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which are sold under the brand names Prevacid, Prilosec, Nexium and Protonix, among others.. Many millions more purchase the drugs over-the-counter and take .|
|Several popular PPIs -- Prilosec, Prevacid and Zegerid -- also are available. and 25 percent of long-term users could stop taking the medication. make clear whether PPIs are also available over the counter in Germany, .|
|Here's how to stop taking them and how to avoid making your. from heartburn,” those for Prilosec OTC promise “zero heartburn", and Prevacid .|
|Overall stroke risk increased 21% among patients who were taking a PPI,. Prilosec OTC has the longest history of safe and effective consumer use of.. starting or stopping any medication -- prescribed or over the counter.|
|TUESDAY, Nov. 15, 2016 (HealthDay News) -- A popular category of heartburn medications -- including Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec and Protonix -- may .|
- Anti-Epileptic Drug Topamax Could Treat Cocaine Addiction
- Taking Multiple Meds Can Trigger Dangerous Drug Interactions
- Popular Heartburn Meds Tied to Heart Attack Risk
- We Asked a Pharmacist: Which OTC Meds Can You Take While ...
- Heartburn meds associated with increased risk of kidney damage ...
- Janssen Announces Two-Drug Combination of Dolutegravir and ...
- Pregnancy Heartburn Meds Tied to Kids' Asthma?
- Study Questions Migraine Meds in Kids, Teens
- Save Money on Meds: 6 Tips for Finding the Best Prescription Drug ...
- Drug Interactions: 'Must-Know' Facts for Multiple Drug Users